› Recipe of the Month
Recipe of the Month
Makes approx 12 fritters
- 1.5 lbs zucchini (2 large)
- 1/3 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for frying,
- Shred the zucchini, using a food processor or hand grater.
- Place the shredded zucchini into a thin kitchen towel and squeeze as much water out as possible.
- Put the zucchini into a bowl. Scramble the eggs together, then add them to all the rest of the ingredients (except the oil). Mix everything well until the mixture is moist and all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, and add enough olive oil to coat the pan, and have some oil around each fritter. Put scoops of approximately 3 tbsp each into the pan, then gently press down with a spatula to flatten.
- Fry the zucchini fritters for about 4 minutes on the first side, and 3 minutes on the other, or until golden brown on each side. Serve hot.
- Fritters can be served with plain yogurt, or any creamy sauce of your choice. Enjoy!