Recipe of the Month
Magnolia Bakery's Banana Pudding
HOW TO MAKE MAGNOLIA BAKERY’S BANANA PUDDING:
· 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
· 1 1/2 cups ice cold water
· 1 (3.4 oz.) box vanilla instant pudding mix
· 3 cups heavy cream
· 4 cups sliced barely ripe bananas, (see note)
· 1 (12 oz.) box Nilla Wafers
1. In a large bowl, beat together the sweetened condensed milk and water until well combined – about 1 minute. Add the pudding mix and beat well – about 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight. It is very important to allow the proper amount of time for the pudding mixture to set. It will be watery if you don’t let it set up long enough.
2. In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the fresh whipped cream into the pudding mixture until no streaks of pudding remain.
3. Dessert can either be made in individual portions or in a large glass bowl.
4. To assemble dessert, select a large wide glass bowl or trifle bowl with 4-5 quart capacity.
5. Arrange 1/3 of the Nilla wafers covering the bottom, overlapping if necessary. Next, layer 1/3 of the bananas, and 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Repeat twice more, garnishing with additional wafers or wafer crumbs on the top layer. Cover tightly and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours – or up to 8 hours, no longer