Recipe of the Month
Butternut Squash Soup
Classic for Fall, this is a creamy and rich butternut squash soup with savory hints of nutmeg and garlic! Recipe makes 4 - 6 servings, depending on size.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup (plus more to thin) homemade chicken broth or stock
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic (or to taste)
- sprinkle of thyme (optional)
- Cut top and bottom off of butternut squash and carefully cut remaining skin off.
- Cut in half and scoop out seeds (they are great roasted!)
- Chop squash into small cubes and dice onion.
- In a large stock pot, melt the butter and add diced onion.
- Saute 3 minutes until starting to soften and add squash.
- Saute an additional 5 minutes until squash starts to brown.
- Add coconut milk, stock, and spices and bring to simmer.
- Simmer about 20 minutes until soft.
- Use a blender or hand blender to puree until smooth.
- Serve warm or make ahead to reheat for a fast meal addition. This quick and easy recipe was found at Wellness Mama