Recipe of the Month
Anything Goes Cookie Dough Skinny Ganache Walnut Cookies
Cookie dough....chocolate ganache.....walnuts.....it doesn't get any better than these scrumptious cookies.....
Recipe makes approximately 60 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) PLUS 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* or Becel® Original margarine, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) toasted walnuts, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 2% milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) HERSHEY'S® CHIPITS® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
Mix 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine with sugars in large bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; mix just until blended. Finely chop 1/3 cup walnuts and stir in. Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, 2-in. (5 cm) apart.
Bake 7 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
Combine remaining 2 Tbsp. margarine with milk in microwave-safe bowl and microwave until margarine is melted and mixture is hot, about 1 minute (timing will depend on the wattage of your microwave). Place chips in small bowl and pour hot milk mixture over chips. Let stand 5 minutes then stir until smooth. Place a dollop of chocolate ganache over centers of cookies, spread slightly and top with remaining walnut pieces.
These delicious cookies were found at www.becel.ca