Recipe of the Month
ONION SEED CRUSTED TUNA STEAK SATAY WITH WASABI MAYONNAISE
Courtesy of Catering by James Meadows
1 lb. tuna, cut into narrow strips between 4-5” long
½ cup black onion seeds
Vegetable oil as needed
1 tbsp. wasabi
½ cup mayonnaise
12 skewers, 6-8” long
Salt and pepper to taste
Chives for garnish
1. Presoak skewers in water for one hour.
2. Mix together wasabi and mayonnaise, use more or less wasabi, depending on heat desired.
3. Skewer tuna and roll each satay in a shallow pan of onion seeds.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Sear each side for approximately 10 seconds in a pan over extreme high heat with a minimal amount of oil. (works best with a cast iron pan)
6. Transfer to plate and dress with wasabi/mayonnaise and chives.